I met a new friend for brunch today. It's hard to meet people when you first move somewhere, or even if you haven't moved it's hard when your life changes drastically. M and I are both in the situation of trying to get out and meet new people to spend time with. Fortunately for us, we discovered that we get along really well and have a lot in common, so we now have a new friend in each other. And we're both looking forward to hanging out again in the near future.
I had expressed a need for pancakes and "diner style" food at one point, so M suggested we go to the Classic Diner for brunch. Apparently this place is a Philly institution and very popular. They are also only open for breakfast and lunch. Yup. That's it. They close at 3pm. So while it won't feed my need for a 24-hour diner that I can get waffles or pancakes at when it's 3am, they do have fantastic food. I had eggs over easy with sausage links and toast, substituting the potatoes for the fruit plate, M had a cream cheese omelet with the fruit plate, and we split an order of pancakes. And their coffee is excellent. And it's real maple syrup. Real maple syrup. I can tell the difference and the real stuff is so much better that once you know the difference, you really notice the difference and appreciate the real stuff.
The Classic Diner on Lancaster Ave., in Malvern, PAOverall, I'd say the day was a success. I have a new friend. And I ate good food. Even if I accomplish nothing else today (because after all the Oscars are on tonight, but I must tackle the disaster that is my home office sooner rather than later) I say it was a good day.

I'm glad you had a good time, enjoying both the food and the company.
ReplyDeleteFFN,
M